Links & Bookmarks
Here’s my list of links that
I either needed publicly posted so I can share them or
needed publicly posted so I can find them myself.
I’ve organized the links into a few categories:
Mathematics Meetings & Conferences
Mathematics Education & Recreation
Equity and Inclusion Amongst Mathematicians
- MAA’s Resources for Minority Faculty and Students – This is a HUGE list of organizations, summer programs, conferences, scholarships, fellowships, and other opportunities designed to promote the success as mathematicians of people who are members of populations that are historically underrepresented in the field of study
- AMS: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – A similar resource to the MAA’s page, but with some current events and resources and support directly from the AMS
- Mathematics for Human Flourishing – Francis Su’s retirement address at JMM 2017.
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- The Infinite Possibilities Conference (IPC) – A national conference designed to promote, educate, encourage and support minority women interested in mathematics and statistics
- Mathematically Gifted and Black
- Latinxs and Hispanics in Mathematical Sciences (Lathisms)
- Bridge to Enter Advanced Mathematics (BEAM) – A program to help underserved students enter advanced study in mathematics
Academia & Career Considerations
UCR Campus Resources
Here is the canonical list of student resources hosted by UCR.
All instructors and TAs should link to on their syllabus,
and be aware of if they notice a student that needs help.
One link not on that page that really on TAs and instructors
need to know about is the Student Conduct & Academic Integrity page,
just in case they’ve got to go through the procedure of reporting
and incident or confronting a student.