Links & Bookmarks
Here’s my personal list of links that
I either (1) needed publicly posted so I can share them or
(2) needed publicly posted so I can find them myself.
I’ve organized the links into a few categories:
Mathematics Meetings and Conferences
Mathematics Education and Recreation
Equity and Inclusion Amongst Mathematicians
- MAA’s Resources for Minority Faculty and Students – This is a HUGE list of organizations, summer programs, conferences, scholarships, fellowships, and other opportunities designed to promote the success as mathematicians of people who are members of populations that are historically underrepresented in the field of study
- AMS: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – A similar resource to the MAA’s page, but with some current events and resources and support directly from the AMS
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- The Infinite Possibilities Conference (IPC) – A national conference designed to promote, educate, encourage and support minority women interested in mathematics and statistics
- Mathematically Gifted and Black
- Latinxs and Hispanics in Mathematical Sciences (Lathisms)
- Bridge to Enter Advanced Mathematics (BEAM) – A program to help underserved students enter advanced study in mathematics
UCR Campus Resources
This is primarily intended for graduate student teaching assistants
as a list of resources to direct undergraduate students towards if the need arises, but is also a nice list of campus resources to direct undergraduates to in general, just to they know they resources are available to them.
- Dean of Students – Promotes the well-being of the UCR undergraduate student body, and serves to create an atmosphere of inclusivity for populations that have historically been underrepresented in higher education by, among other things, supporting the following campus communities:
- Office of the Ombuds – The Ombuds can be your first resort when you don’t know where to begin looking for help, or your last resort when other channels have failed to bring a resolution to your issue(s). Located in Skye Hall 390. Contact at (951) 827-3213 or email@example.com
- R’Pantry – Contact at (951) 827-9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CARE Program – An intervention and prevention support program committed to ending sexual violence. Contact at (951) 827-6225 or email@example.com.
- Title IX Office – Contact at (951) 827-7070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – Located on campus in the Veitch Student Center. Contact at (951) 827-5531, or call (951) UCR-TALK for always-available mental health therapists
- Student Conduct & Academic Integrity – This is where one can view UCR’s policies on academic integrity and social misconduct, and report misconduct to the university.